Develop a workplan related to the implementation of the program. This includes planning
appropriate time to identify beneficiaries according to the pre-defined WATAN beneficiary
selection process, developing procurement plans, developing detailed implementation plans and
planning for staffing.
- Lead strategy development and vision for protection within WATAN Protection program.
- Provide technical inputs and oversight to the design of protection interventions.
- Working to secure funding for projects under supervision and managing the relation with the donor to secure the financial sustainability stability of program.
- Work closely in coordination with emergency and development programs to ensure protection mainstreaming across all WATAN's programs in Syria and Turkey.
- Conduct monthly programs follow ups including (1) participation in grant management meetings, (2) review of procurement plans, budget forecasts and progress against contract indicators and (3) update of detailed implementation plans.
- Develop and maintain good relations and continuous communication with local authorities, communities and relevant stakeholders.
- Draft donor reports and provide them to Humanitarian & Emergency Response Programs Director for review; drafts should be in accordance with internal WATAN and external donor requirements.
- Directly manage program staff; this includes preparation and monitoring of staff performance plans, development of training plans for staff and provision of feedback.
- Provide technical (matrix) management to staff who implement program activities in area offices and are line managed by area managers; this technical management includes provision of technical support and advice .
- Conduct training sessions for staff and partners, as necessary and relevant .
- Manage contracts with local partners, including drafting contract indicators, directly monitoring implementation, supervising implementation, developing capacity building plans and supporting appropriate financial reporting.
- Supervise and motivate the staff under his/her responsibility and ensure that the objectives are clear.
- Ensure that staff implementing the activities have respect for the code of conduct and to report on all observations to the head of base or to line managers.
- Identify the need for budget revisions and prepare budget revision drafts, in close coordination with the finance team.
- Ensure that all finance documentation related to program expenditure is complete and auditable .
- Ensure that the program team works closely with the monitoring and evaluation team to implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms including documented data on all indicators and other forms of data collection necessary to evaluate impact .
- Ensure that staff are properly trained in monitoring and evaluation tools and their implementation; work with partners to develop an appropriate and effective monitoring and evaluation system.
- Conduct the first data analysis and early drafts of the reports of surveys and studies conducted as part of the program .
- Conduct frequent evaluation visits to provide technical support and troubleshoot problem.