- Develop, monitor and implement project work plan according to project outputs on all the four regions targeted by the implementation.
- Coordinate the field teams, collecting inputs from the field, adjust the project implementation if required, overseeing the security situation and decide on the continuation/suspension of activities together with the Security Manager.
- Develop methodology for capacity building, businesses set up, distribution of agricultural inputs and land verifications.
- Coordinate the assessments and research organized in the project.
- Develop Value Chain support for Olive, Crop, Vegetable and Sheep.
- Support the establishment/rehabilitation of several infrastructure (mill, bakery, markets, abattoirs, veterinary services, greenhouse, animal production units).
- Set up and oversee the activities of 7 farmers associations.
- Run entrepreneurship programme.
- Oversee the preparation of a Drought Plan and Land register.
- Develop and monitor project budget and expenditures.
- Ensure that program/project goals and plans are implemented on time and on budget and according to EU compliance requirements.
- Evaluate activity progress and determine necessary actions to course correct.
- Support the EU Grant manager in preparing the reports by providing all necessary documents and information.
- Liaise with logistics, MEAL, Safety and Security, HR…. etc. and all stakeholders from WATAN regarding project activities implementation.
- Ensure sound administrative practices regarding record keeping, compliance with EU regulations, communications, etc.
- Represent WATAN in related working groups and other stakeholder or coordination meetings, as needed, and maintain a positive, continuous and visible presence for WATAN.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local partners, local authorities and stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with all regional and country-specific response plans by the U.N., donors active actors, -
- Assist in writing of proposals, provide technical input, writing and budgetary input for new program design.
- Assist in building new partnerships and relations with key NGOs and donors regarding related programs.
- Work closely with agencies and organizations in the related areas for collaboration,
- Perform any other tasks under the guidance of the direct supervisor.
The PM will be responsible for managing and supervising TRIPLE R project inside Syria, oversee the overall project management and ensure that project objectives/implementation are on track/budget as planned, ensure implementation and documentation according to EU compliance requirements, and assist in program development.
RIPLE R is a stabilization project implemented in several opposition-controlled areas and tackling food insecurity by supporting value chains development. It’s a 3 million Euro project requiring specialized knowledge on agriculture sector resilience.
he project aims at improving the access to quality and healthy food for the population from several communities in addition to supporting entrepreneurship.
Two types of activities are to be developed:
• Activities restoring and maintaining agricultural and livestock production and supporting income generation structures; and
• Activities strengthening the capacity of the Interim Ministry of Agriculture and local authorities to deal with drought and land governance and to support the private sector in the agricultural field.
The project will target interventions at the level of 4 agricultural subsectors: crops (wheat/Lucerne), olive, vegetable and sheep.